CraftWare is a fast, easy-to-use slicer software that converts your object into a .gcode toolpath format understood by 3D printers.
The main role of CraftWare is the slicing of solid 3D digital objects, but it is also a very good tool to interactively manage the supports on your objects, thus reducing the build time by removing unnecessary support bars.
Craftware interacts with the CraftBot 3D printer by using dual channels for real time interaction, thus giving you extra possibilities such as immediate pause printing, This allows you to change the filament during the printing process.
Our slicing algorithm effectively supplies the best possible toolpath for your CraftBot, giving you quality as soon as possible.
- Open multiple .stl, .obj files and arrange them on the build platform.
- Scale, move, and rotate individual models or groups of models at once.
- Interactive support management.
- Effective slicing of objects in no time.
- Load/save .gcode generated from other programs too.
- Manipulate gcode: edit, copy, paste, cut.
- Gcode toolpath traversal.
- Machine control
CraftWare is not a 3D design program. You can still do your 3D modeling in whatever program you choose. We recommend an easy startup program such as Google SketchUp.
Help us test it out
CraftWare is currently in the Beta stage, so feel free to download it and let us know what you think! Currently Windows 7 and above supported.
|Version||Release date||Supported OS||Link|
|1.06 beta||2014.08.18||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.06_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.05 beta||2014.08.08||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.05_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.04 beta||2014.08.01||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.04_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.03 beta||2014.07.25||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.03_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.02 beta||2014.07.18||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.02_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.01 beta||2014.07.14||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.01_beta_win_installer.exe|
|1.00 beta||2014.07.07||Windows 7 and above||CraftWare_1.00_beta_win_installer.exe|
14.08.18 Version 1.06 #2716:
- There was a chance of crash when the slicerform was closed while slicing.
- Another possible crash solved when loading a gcode (generated or loaded from a file)
- GCode viewer toolpathpath coloring is now compatible with KISS, Cura, Matter, MakerWare and SKeinforge.
- FirmWare installation tool for CraftBot.
- Settings are now saved right before slicing. (into registry)
- Printing UI is accessible now. It's experimental and only tested with a CraftBot. (Heating commands may interfere with the heating commands inside the gcode)
- LayerStartPos is now works, but still in development. The only reliable setting at the moment is "LastHeadPos".
- New slicing parameter exposed: Perimeter gap. You can insert a small gap on the perimeter to avoid 'bubbles' on the surface.
- Another slicing parameter: HShellMinLineLen. Line segments below that size are not drawn in the horizontal shell.
- Possible deadlock when LayerStartPos!=LastHeadPos.
- HShell overlaps badly with loops. It needs some refinements, and also a Loop/Infill overlap parameter will be placed on the UI.
14.08.08 Version 1.05 #2135:
- If you have 1.03 or older, you must reinstall 1.05 because all the dll files have been replaced due to the upgrade from Qt 5.1.1 to 5.3.1. The update.exe file can only replace the main exe file but not the required dll files, it's unfortunately not enough for this update.
- Sometimes there was randomly an unnecessary travel to xy=(0, 0) especially on big meshes. They have been fixed.
- .OBJ reader: Now it can handle polygons having more than 4 vertices. (Thingiverse/Aibo dog is looking good now)
- Minor visual glitches: When aligning the bottom panel to the left or right. Circular build platform was incorrectly square while seeing from below ground level.
- Support structure toolpath is more optimal now. It was a bug that enabled automatic supportbars to be spawned inside a solid object. Those bars were masked out completely in the previous version but they was able to ruin the optimal travel path between the bars.
- Gcode viewer: visual Z position of the travel path is fixed.
- Skeinforge gcode coloring is now supported. (along with Cura, MakerWare and KISS Slicer)
- Transparent(ish) object display mode can be enabled in the Options form. It can help positioning objects.
14.08.01 Version 1.04 #1746:
- You must reinstall 1.04 because all the dll files have been replaced due to the upgrade from Qt 5.1.1 to 5.3.1. The update.exe file can only replace the main exe file but not the required dll files, it's unfortunately not enough for this update.
- InfillThicknes: Stronger infill walls can be made of more than one extruded line (Basic settings/Infill/Thickness).
- FirstLayerExtrusionRation: Extrusion override for the first layer.
- FirstLayerDrawSpeed: Speed override for the first layer. Works along with the InitialLayerSpeed/Count settings.
- SlicerForm: Import/Export preset. File extension is ".cwsp" (CW Slicer Preset). It's saved in a human readable JSON format.
- SlicerForm text in the controls turns green when their values are different from the current preset/profile.
- Slicer: Retract bug. Sometimes the program did not allow Far Travels (alongside retracting) when they would be necessary.
- Slicer: RepairCorners functionality was bugged (crashed) with complex meshes like Thingiverse/Dragonfly Wing Set.
- Popup Forms: form size is no longer restricted. During form creation the function "adjustSize()" is used, you can still resize the form if it fails (because Qt doesn't like warped text labels and such)
- Preview display is now aware of the current Raft configuration.
14.07.25 Version 1.03 beta
- When PolygonFillStyle is set to "Odd" there are some perimeter artifacts.
- When cStartAtLayer is not equal to LastPosition. This setting will be ignored until corrected.
- Slicer form is closable while slicing is in progress.
- Options/NumCPU setting doesn't effect actual CPU core usage.
- Rare random crashes.
- There are a few (1-5) random bright pixels on the screen.
- Shell Thickness calculated fields: LayerHeight and ExtrusionWidth values were swapped.
- An option to turn off environment mapping in both object and support view in unison.
- Tab order corrections
- Brim has been completely redesigned. (Although the previous ''fishing net'' feature will return in the future, I think it's simple and practical with a heated bed to strengthen the supports)
- Crashes while adjusting the brim/skirt fixed.
- MakerBot M132 is not interpreted by the gcode viewer as a sign that the XY is centered at 0,0. Use Options/BuildVolume instead.
- New circular build platform option.
- gcode decoder: Now it understands comments in KISS, MakerWare, Cura gcodes and uses appropriate colors based on the segment type.
- gcode text display is available in the gcode viewer.
- Popup form resolutions are maximized to 1000x700 pixels.
- Models bigger than 4M triangles will not crash (there is a GPU limit on the VBO size), rather they will be drawn incomplete.
- Slicer Form: inappropriate CPU usage (10-20%) reduced. Now it is more careful when changing the widget stylesheets.
14.07.18 Version 1.02 beta
- RepairCorners default is now 0
- RepairCorners works for more than one loop. Although it's not necessary because the outer corners automatically collapse to sharp corners and the inner corners (in the holes) tend to grow into big circles that can't be repaired.
- Slightly improved RepairCorners: There is no need to increment PathSmoothing from default 0.08 to 0.1.
- Installer runs vcredist in /quiet mode.
- The Slicing crash caused by the performance monitor flaw has been fixed.
- Bug: "I wasn't able to load Stored presets yet? Only when saving the project and reloading it again." -> presets are now saved into the registry.
- Selectable Polygon Filler Algorithm: You can choose between a faster method or a method using "error-prone" to eliminate simple mistakes.
- Shell Thickness autocalculated fields.
- Layer starting position is now selectable: Sequential, Random, North, South, East, West. Sequential is slow, but minimizes travel between adjacent layers.
- My misunderstanding of Raft is renamed to Brim (sorry ABS people)
- The Raft 'sandwich' configuration thing is established in the Slicer UI. But in the application only the Raft Enable checkbox is working. Expect a flexible Raft generator tool in the future.
14.07.14 Version 1.01 beta
- Options/Build Volume configuration is now working. You can configurate it for Delta machines.
- Maximum speeds are now raised to 500mm/s
- Open/Save folder bug fixed: It doesn't remember the folder when you do not save it and it only shows the home folder when you freshly install the app.
- Slicer form: Fill Angles are now configurable: Infill angle & layer increment, HShell angle & layer increment, Raft angle. The only exception is Support angles.
- Slicer form: Fan settings are now accessible.
- Slicer form: HShell density now effects extruded flow the way it should.
- Slicer form: Vertical speed and retract/prime speed.
- Slicer form: There is now a Repair Corners option. It fixes rounded corners caused by the raster-offset algorithm.
- Form maximized state is stored in the ini (registry).
- There is now a basic interface to set up the filament meter prices in the options form. It is displayed on the GCode viewer and it has a button to toggle.
14.07.07 Version 1.00 beta #412
First public release.